Our moving date goal is Saturday, Dec. 10th!! Yippee!!
There are just a few things that need doing before we move, though.
Last time I promised you a list, so here goes.
1. Finish painting our bedroom. Isn't that a yummy caramel color? Love it!
(It's a little browner in person.)
3. Install baseboard in the living room and dining areas.
The piece leaning against the wall is a sample of trim Brian had stashed in the garage,
but I'm thinking I'll go with something wider. It will be painted a glossy white.
4. The bay window area needs to be sanded and painted to match the living room.
5. The new header beam will be boxed in and painted.
6. I'm going to put in a contrasting tile to make a nice border all the way
across the opening between the two areas.
This is where that half wall came out.
7. Ummmm - yeah. This countertop and backsplash is going 'bye-'bye. That'll be fun. :-)
8. The kitchen cabinets are getting a facelift. I plan to restain
for a darker, reddish finish. There will be new countertops.
Also, I've picked a pretty amber paint for the kitchen.
9. Here's the view from the kitchen side. The old appliances will have new homes
and this area will also be freshly painted.
10. Okay. Now, here is where I have a decision to make.
To carpet or not to carpet, that is the question.
It's a laminate wood floor and I thought it looked pretty good when I cleaned it up for my bunko party last week. It's kind of growing on me. This area we're looking at now will hold the comfy furniture and entertainment center.
This is what you see looking left from the front door.
This is what you see from the front door, looking right and straight back.
I definitely want to keep the flooring in that area.
So, if I do carpet the space, how far should it go? I kind of like the idea
of having a larger, uncarpeted area by the front door and walk through space.
I might just buy a large room-sized rug for the TV watching area and
live with it for awhile before deciding on carpet.
What do you think? What would you do?
To carpet or not to carpet? That is the question!
And, if to carpet, how much of the space should be carpeted?
That's our list of projects we'd like to complete before moving in 17 days!
(Not to mention getting all our stuff packed!)
Think we can do it?
Yes, we can!
Time for me to go make some pie and other yummy things for our Thanksgiving feast!
I'm trying a couple new recipes. One for a pumpkin pie filling.
The other for homemade stuffing.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
God bless you and your family!