The very first was October 2, 2011, in which you will find me
This has been a year of hard work, blessing, frustration, great joy, sorrow, and humility. We have seen the faithfulness and goodness of God over and over again. Here's a list:
- October, 2011 - closed on the house, worked on the house
- November, 2011 - worked on the house some more, found out we were going to be grandparents again, planted my grandma's peonies, brought home our outdoor kitties, celebrated Thanksgiving with the family
- December, 2011 - worked furiously on the house, were told our unborn grandchild wasn't alive - BUT GOD...., moved in the 17th, celebrated Christmas, took a little break.
- January, 2012 - put up my bookcases, cried as God closed the door on the arts organization I worked with, cried as my family grieved the death of one of my brothers, cried and prayed some more upon learning my step-mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. If you prayed for us during this month, I am grateful to you.
- February, 2012 - worked on the old house, put it on the market.
- March and April, 2012 - no house projects to speak of during these months. The previous 5 months were so packed I couldn't bring myself to start anything new. However, it was my privilege to direct our church's Easter play. I really needed that.
- May, 2012 - worked on the old house for our buyer(!), sold the old house, worked on the kitchen, Brian started assembling the sunroom, and we graduated our daughters from high school.
- June, 2012 - celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary, got new blacktop, worked more on the sunroom, updated the downstairs bathroom.
- July, 2012 - helped my daughter decorate her baby's nursery, our 6th grandchild was born, stage managed a show, my step-mom finished cancer treatments (she is cancer free - Praise the Lord!)
- August, 2012 - I think I didn't do much of anything. :-) Oh, wait, I remember - we got ready for and started school.
- September, 2012 - I continued my break from projects, Brian worked more on the sunroom. I need to take some pictures. It's almost finished!!!
Which brings us 'round to October again. My head is reeling after going back through my posts and summarizing our year. I know the Lord has been leading us and providing for our every need. It has been a year of trusting, seeking, and following God's plan. He is Faithful and True.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
If you can stand one more paragraph of stats, I want to mention the sites that have referred the most readers to my blog. First on the list is Facebook, which means so many personal friends are clicking through to my blog and sharing the link when you see I have posted something new. I am humbly grateful to you for your support.
Next are a handful of blogs where I have linked articles and other readers have come over from their sites. They are Nesting Place, A Holy Experience, Homestories A to Z, FiveDees, BlogHer, and Remodelaholic.
Thank you for the traffic, Friends!
Thank you for the traffic, Friends!
How have you experienced the faithfulness of God in your life in the last year?
Have you been reading my blog, but never commenting? Will you take a minute and say "Hello" today? I would enjoy hearing from you. If you are reading from your inbox or a reader simply click the title of this post to come over to the blog and join the conversation. Thanks!
* * * * * * * * * * *
This post is part of my 31 Days of Order series. See the rest of the posts here.
To find other bloggers also writing for 31 Days this month on a variety of topics, click here.